9 Creative ways to store your books
To celebrate World Book Day on the 3rd of March, we’ve been scouring the internet looking for clever ways to store books. People amass books for a number of reasons. Some have every intention of rereading their favourites one day, others hope to pass classics on to their children, unable to part with them for sentimental reasons or starting to build a valuable collection.
However, growing book collections and shelves can quickly dominate your house.
We’ve seen some rather impressive ideas but far too grand for most of us living in the UK due to lack of space. However, we found these ingenious storage ideas for books that are within reach and many of which allows for a bit of upcycling.
1. Up-cycle a ladder to make this cool recipe book shelf.
Check out Most Craft for even more ladder shelf inspiration.
2. Create a reading corner in your child’s room using these inexpensive picture rails from IKEA.
Image Courtesy of Cape 27 Blog
3. Recycle those wine bottles to create this chic book shelf.
Spotted on Apartment Therapy
4. Use retro wooden crates to create an interesting book shelf.
Instructions can be found here
5. Create this clever corner shelf using a retro suitcase.
6. If you’re handy you could use a pallet to create a stylish book shelf.
8. We love multi-functional furniture – build your own reading chair that doubles as book storage.
9. This one is a tad frivolous, many dream of having a beer fridge but how about a book fridge?