Coronavirus (Covid-19) & Safestore
Latest Update: 01 March 2022
At Safestore, the health and well-being of our customers and colleagues is our number one priority. We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our customers and colleagues for their patience, courtesy and considerations during this testing time.
⚠ Safestore is a low traffic facility. However, in the interest of public and colleague safety, face coverings or masks are mandatory whilst in store at any Safestore self storage facility in Scotland and Wales.
Opening hours update
We may be operating restricted hours and services in some stores. We aim to provide a full range of storage services during store opening and customer access times. We have introduced additional measures to ensure the ongoing safety of our customers and colleagues.
Store opening times** are:
Mon – Sat: 8am – 6pm
Thursday: 8am – 8pm
Sun: 10am – 4pm
** Unless stated otherwise on the store webpage. Please check individual stores here
. Customers with enhanced access via keypad or security fob will still be able to gain entrance as usual.
Safety for everyone
Our stores are generally large buildings with low intensity of use. Nevertheless, before fully reopening, we have conducted a risk assessment of each store as per the latest Government guidance and have taken appropriate measures to ensure our stores are “covid-secure” premises. We have published the results of our risk assessments here
A summary of additional measures we’ve taken:
Changes to storage services
- We have supplied personal protective equipment (PPE) to every store for use by our colleagues and customers. This is in addition to provision of hand sanitisers and hand washing facilities.
- We have reconfigured reception areas and installed transparent safety screens on all of our reception desks
- Customers are kindly asked to pay by card or direct debit as our stores will not be accepting cash or cheque payments. Payments can also be made by phone or via customer’s online accounts.
- Customers and visitors are asked to use the security fob or keypad on the access control panels or to sign in at reception when entering the store. Lost fobs or key pad numbers should be reported to the store reception.
- We have introduced a limit of 1 person per passenger lift (unless they are from the same household). Staircases will be opened to allow customers to move around the store as freely as possible.
- We have established an enhanced cleaning schedule of all trolley handles, pallet truck handles and regular touchpoints such as lift buttons, door handles and toilets.
- We have installed floor tape/markers, signage and posters in and around stores to help everyone to maintain a 2m distance and to provide reminders to maintain hygiene standards.
- Deliveries: We are now accepting deliveries for customers. We will place them in a secure unit and notify customers of receipt of a delivery (please collect within 48 hours after notification). However, we will not sign for deliveries.
- Fork lifting service: Available by prior appointment only. This service should be requested by email and confirmation must be received from the store team before arranging any deliveries. Customers will not be allowed to self-drive forklifts until further notice.
- Boxes and packaging: Available to purchase from all store reception areas and at Safestore.co.uk with next-day delivery options available.
Other storage service related questions may be covered in our frequently asked questions (FAQ) section
We kindly ask customers to be patient and to observe these important measures and changes. Our colleagues are happy to answer any questions or discuss any concerns.