Safestore the things you love
If you’re going to call upon the services of a storage company, you can do no better than team up with Safestore – the UK’s No.1 for choice for self storage with over 109 stores nationwide.
Safestore is the UK’s largest and Europe’s second largest provider of self storage solutions. Our principal operations are located in the UK, where we have over 100 stores including two Business Centres with a further 25 stores in Europe.
Our track record
Safestore has an impressive track record in managing and developing its assets. With over 43,700 customers and 134 stores, Safestore has a strong understanding of the evolving needs of its customers and a robust operational platform from which to continue to deliver sustained growth.
Our strength lies in our ability to combine a deep understanding of a rapidly expanding growth market with the commercial and operational skills to provide flexible self-storage solutions for an expanding UK and European customer base. We have the expertise, knowledge and skills to benefit from the evolving self storage market and return value to shareholders.
- Safestore now owns 109 stores in the UK including two business centres.
- Two further stores are added to Safestore's nationwide footprint with new store locations in Altrincham (September) and Chiswick (November).
- Safestore confirm the acquisition of Space Maker (12 stores) in July.
- Safestore have nearly 100 stores in the UK including two business centres trading under the Safestore name and a further 24 stores in Paris trading as Une Pièce en Plus
- In October Safestore were promoted from the reserve list into the full FTSE 250 index
- Richard Grainger retired from the Board of Safestore and Alan Lewis was formally appointed Non-executive Chairman of the Company with effect from 1 January
- In September, CEO Peter Gowers tendered his resignation and Frederic Vecchioli, the President of our successful Une Pièce en Plus business in France, was appointed as Chief Executive. In October, Ian Krieger was appointed to the Board as a Non-executive Director
- Safestore opens two new stores in the UK and two more in Paris
- Peter Gowers appointed Chief Executive Officer upon the retirement of Steve Williams. Frederic Vecchioli promoted to the main Board
- Safestore aired its first TV ad campaign this year. More than one million people viewed the ad on YouTube – view the ad here
- Signed a Management Contract for six years to manage Space Maker Self Storage
- Safestore has more than 90 stores in the UK including 3 business centres trading under the Safestore name and a further 22 stores in Paris trading as Une Pièce en Plus
- Safestore continues to grow through new store openings and has many more at various stages of planning due to open soon
- John von Spreckelsen leaves Safestore and Richard Grainger is appointed as Chairman and Non-Executive Director
- Safestore successfully listed on the main market of the London Stock Exchange on March 14th. The offer price was set at £2.40 per ordinary share implying a market capitalisation of approximately £449 million and an enterprise value of £661 million
- Safestore acquired Selfstore adding three stores to the group portfolio in the North West
- Safestore invested significant capital into the Spaces stores to improve the facilities offered and re-branding to create a national company under the Safestore brand
- Safestore acquired Storage World with two stores in Greater Manchester
- Safestore acquired 17 stores from Access France and disposed of seven of the non-core stores, adding 10 stores to Une Pièce en Plus, the Group’s French subsidiary. These were all re-branded Une Pièce en Plus
- Safestore acquired Mentmore plc who were trading under the ‘Spaces’ brand for £209 million
- The acquisition added 31 freehold/long leasehold and 16 short leasehold stores, under the ‘Spaces’ brand and seven sites in France under the ‘Une Pièce en Plus’ brand. This created a chain of 79 stores and made Safestore the No.1 self storage provider in the UK and second largest in Europe
- John von Spreckelsen joins the Board as Chairman and Non-Executive Director
- De-listed from AIM after £39.8 million Management Buyout led by Steve Williams and supported by Bridgepoint. The price paid was 44p per share – valuing Safestore at approximately £40 million
- Steve Williams appointed as Chief Executive
- Richard Hodsden appointed as Chief Financial Officer
- Steve Williams joins as Chief Operating Officer
- Soros Real Estate partners make a £14.2 million subscription at 62p per share
- Prestbury Group make a £10 million subscription at 46p per share
- Safestore begins trading with the purchase of 3 freehold properties in London
- Safestore floats on AIM (Alternative Investment Market)
- Safestore acquires Metrostore