Unfortunately due to lack of entries we have had to cancel this competition. Please see full Terms and Conditions below.
New students: you may already be starting your new life as independent adults, or you might at this very moment be packing the last of your things/stuff with a view to moving to halls in the coming days or weeks. Either way, you may soon come to realise that:
a) If you don’t put your clothes away, no one else will;
b) Toast is not as satisfying when consumed as a meal for the fifth day in a row, and nutrients are rather sparse in noodles;
c) Just because your belongings fit into your suitcase or car, it does not mean that they will fit into your new room, which may, in fact, be smaller than either of those spaces.
Starting college or university is an exciting time and we want to see how you make your new accommodation a home-from-home. Necessity is the mother of invention, as the saying goes, and you might have already discovered new and interesting ways to store your things or decorate your room to make it your own. If you can touch all four walls of your new room at once (if the mood so takes you) then you may have to be very creative with how you store your belongings - and we want to see how you've done just that. How have you made your room not only functional (enabling you to actually lie flat in your bed or sit at your desk) but also awesome?
If you are hankering for some actual nutrition but have already spent your student loan on essentials like a Nintendo Switch or more alcohol than is strictly sensible, enter our photo hashtag competition on Twitter and Instagram. The winners will receive Restaurant Choice Card, which will hopefully help to fill your tummy, bring colour back to your cheeks and (hopefully) stop you getting rickets before your second year.
Post a photo of your dorm/halls room to Instagram and/or Twitter and include both
of the following hashtags #pimpyourdorm
as this will allow us to track entries.
It’s not mandatory, but to make it easier for us to contact you, we’d recommend you follow
@SafestoreLtd on Twitter and/or Instagram.
If your accounts are private
we may not be able to see your entries.
How long does the competition run?
Entries will be accepted from the 25th
September till 11.59pm, on the 12th
of October 2017.
When does voting open?
On the 13th of October 2017 our Marketing team will choose our top 10. These entries will then be published on our blog where people will be able to vote for their favourite using likes
Voting closes on Friday the 20th
of October 2017 at 4pm. The winner and two runners up will be notified on Monday the 23rd
How do I win and what is the prize?
The person with the most likes will win a *£50 Restaurant Choice Gift Card
which can be spent in a selection of restaurants across the UK including Pizza Hut, Nando’s, Pizza Express and a few others.
place entries will receive a £25 Restaurant Choice Card
. In the case of a tie our Marketing team will decide.
What are the rules?
- By entering you confirm that you own the photo and have permission from anyone captured in the photo to post it online. If there are any doubts about the ownership of the photo you may be asked for additional proof.
- By submitting a photo you will be agreeing for Safestore to use the photograph in any future publications, both online and offline, if we decide to do so.
- One entry per room
- The prize is as stated. There is no cash alternatives.
- UK Residents only aged 18+
- If the winner is unable to be contacted after reasonable attempts we reserve the right to offer the prize to a runner-up.
- Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- Safestore reserves the right to change the prize offered for another prize and to cancel any competitions or promotions at its absolute discretion.
- This promotion isn’t sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Twitter.
Good luck and we look forward to seeing your entries.
Photo Credit: Fairy Light Photograph Wall, Lights4fun.co.uk, Oliver Perrott Photography