At Safestore we offer furniture storage solutions at our 120 stores nationwide, in units that can accommodate anything from a single bed to the entire contents of your home. Our secure, indoor units are competitively priced and you can rent space for just a week or for as long as you need.
Furniture storage is useful in the short-term:
- During a house move, if there is a gap between selling and moving into your new home
- To store excess furniture after downsizing until you decide what to do with it in the longer term
- To keep furniture safe and out of the way whilst decorating, deep-cleaning carpets or renovating your home
- To minimise clutter and make your house appear more spacious whilst trying to sell your home.
Furniture storage is useful in the long term:
- To store items of furniture that do not fit into your current home but that you want to keep because they have sentimental or monetary value
- If your house needs to be rented out (if you need to work abroad, for example) – you may wish to keep your furniture in storage to keep it clean and safe for when you return.
Where to store furniture
Our storage units range in size from 10 sq ft to over 500 sq ft. We have a really useful storage size tool to help you choose the right size unit for your furniture, and you can choose to increase or decrease the size of your unit at any time after your first week with us if your storage needs change.
Our walkthrough video guide will help you to envision the space available in each size of unit, and we will always be happy to talk to you if you would like a little advice on which storage size would best meet your needs.
Benefits of using Safestore
As well as offering all types of storage for furniture, we are...
Our units are all available to rent for any length of time, from one week to as long as you may need and can be made available at very short notice if you need storage in a hurry.
We have 120 stores nationwide, meaning that you will be able to find a local Safestore unit for your storage need – our handy Find a Store function will help you to locate your most convenient unit.
3) Safe, secure, clean and dry:
All of our self storage units have 24-hour CCTV and intruder alarms. They are indoors and protected from the elements (we can also supply chair and sofa covers if you need them).
Bespoke storage insurance is available. Personal and business customers can choose whether to purchase our insurance or arrange their own if needed.
As a Safestore customer, you will be the only keyholder for your unit. You will have unlimited access to your storage unit during opening hours and can even arrange access 24 hours a day if needed.
Where can I find storage near me?
Use our Find a Store tool and find a store close to your home, business or anywhere else that is convenient for you. You can search by postcode, city or a map of your area. Many of our stores are in major cities and all are easy to find and reach. If you need assistance in transporting your furniture to your local Safestore unit, we can provide you with the contact details of locally-recommended, reliable removal companies that will be able to help.
Call to speak to one of our friendly team members, use our online contact form below or find a store and get a quote using the search box.
Would you like to speak to one of our friendly storage consultants?
Please fill in some details and we'll call you shortly
Alternatively, give us a ring on the following number and one of our team will be more than happy to answer any of your questions.
0800 444 800
Business Storage FAQ
Explore more business services