Self storage can help you to declutter without the pain of parting with possessions that you like and may need to use again one day.
Clutter is insidious — it creeps in over time and before you know it you don’t have enough space to store everything and it’s difficult to find anything. Decluttering may be hard work, but it’s liberating and can even be therapeutic (at least, if you follow Marie Kondo’s advice).
Further reading: How your self storage unit can help when 'Tidying Up with Marie Kondo'
The trouble most people have with the task of decluttering is that they don’t want to get rid of belongings that might prove useful one day. The idea of giving away, selling or throwing out things you own can be too difficult to face.
Declutter with Safestore
We can store your belongings in our clean, dry, secure units. Protected against theft, pests and damage from the elements, your stuff will be kept safe and sound until you need it. For example:
- If your wardrobes are overflowing, consider using self storage to keep out-of-season clothing clean and dry until you next need it.
- Christmas decorations can take up a huge amount of space in your home and you only use them for perhaps four weeks a year. Store them with us and free up some space.
- Camping and sports equipment are only needed occasionally, and perhaps not at all over the winter months. Store them with us and take them out whenever you need to use them.
- If your bookshelves are overflowing but the idea of getting rid of your favourites is unbearable, consider storing some with us. You can always swap them out whenever you feel like it.
How we can help
We have units ranging in size from 10 sq ft to 500 sq ft+, so you can choose a unit that will accommodate all your clutter. There are no hidden fees and our terms are very flexible: you can increase or decrease the size of your unit (so you’ll never have to pay for more space than you need) and you can stay for just a week or for as long as you need.
You’ll be the sole keyholder for your unit and you can access your belongings at any time during opening hours — many of our stores can arrange 24 hour access, 7 days a week.
Other services we offer include:
- Recommending local removal companies
- Packaging materials including boxes and bubble wrap to keep your items organised and protected
- Drive up room access at some locations
- DHL drop off points — so if you do decide to sell any of your stuff, you can do so straight from our store.
Get in touch
We have stores all over the country, close to major rail and road networks. Use our store finder to find your most convenient store, and then call or book online with no deposit to pay. If you’re not sure what size of unit to reserve, call us or fill in our online form and one of our friendly team will be happy to help.
Tips for decluttering - self storage can help
Get in contact with us today
We have a team of friendly professional advisors who are happy to help you with any queries that you might have. Get a quick price from our quote calculator, or get in contact with us and start the decluttering process with Safestore today.
Would you like to speak to one of our friendly storage consultants?
Please fill in some details and we'll call you shortly
Alternatively, give us a ring on the following number and one of our team will be more than happy to answer any of your questions.
0800 444 800
Business Storage FAQ
Explore more personal services