We are delighted to be able to support the WrapUp UK campaign for the 10th successive year in 2021! In doing so, we hope to help thousands of homeless people, and others in dire need, to keep warm this winter.
What is WrapUp?
WrapUp is a campaign set up and run by volunteers at Rotary Clubs around the country, in partnership with the HandsOn London charity.
WrapUp’s sole aim is to deliver warm coats to those most in need of them this winter, and to date have delivered around 180,000 generously donated coats to homeless people and others in desperate need. At Safestore, we are pleased to help by making it easier than ever for people to make their kind donations.
In previous years, pre-Covid, WrapUp set up major collection points at train stations and offices. This year, in order to keep donors safe and to make sure the coats are properly quarantined, we are asking you to donate winter coats by dropping them off at several of our stores dotted around the country.
‘After a very tough 18 months, we recognise that there will be many people who are in a vulnerable position particularly as the winter season draws near. We’re delighted to be helping WrapUp London again this year as they work hard to provide comfort and care to those in need. Organisations like this make a real difference in our communities and we are proud to have supported this campaign over the years. Together, we hope to be able to donate even more coats this winter.’ -
Shahid Kadodia, Digital & Marketing Director at Safestore.
What do we need?
WrapUp is asking for donations of thick, warm winter coats. Thinner jackets can be used too, as these can be layered up, but ideally they need bulky, heavy duty coats that are designed for warmth and will withstand the weather.
Other items such as sleeping bags and jumpers can’t be accepted through this campaign unfortunately, because the Rotary Club volunteers don’t have the capacity or connections in place to distribute them - if you have such items going spare, please speak with your local homeless charity to see if they can make use of them.
What happens to the coats?
The coats are quarantined and then distributed amongst various charities and organisations across the UK, including homeless shelters, women’s refuges, refugee centres, children’s centres, and charities supporting elderly and other vulnerable people in crisis.
Those charities are best placed to identify the people most in need of a warm coat, so you can be sure that your donated coat will go to someone who really needs it. For full details of the charities and sponsors involved in making WrapUp a success, please visit WrapUp
Where can you donate your coats?
For the 10th year in a row, you can donate your coats at several of our stores. The WrapUp campaign has expanded to cover many areas of the UK and, this year, more stores than ever are able to accept donations.
Our stores are all conveniently located close to major road and rail networks, so there’s no need to travel into cities or struggle to find somewhere to park in order to leave your donations.
‘We have worked together with Safestore on the WrapUp campaign for the last 10 years and they have supported us each year by providing vital self storage space for our annual coat collection. Having so many Safestore centres acting as local drop-off points means that people don’t have to travel far, or into the cities, to donate a coat which is great!”
- Jon Meech, CEO, HandsOn London.
Please donate your winter coats between 8th and 28th November 2021, 8am to 6pm Monday to Saturday or 10am to 4pm Sundays, at any of the following stores:
: WrapUp London 2021 Drop-off Points
WrapUp coat donations at Safestore London stores:
WrapUp coat donations at Safestore Manchester stores:
- Safestore Bermondsey - 24 Old Jamaica Road, London, SE16 4AW
- Safestore Chiswick – Chiswick Lane, 22 Sutton Lane North, Great West Road, W4 4LD
- Safestore Clapham – 4 Timber Mill Way, Gauden Road, SW4 6LY
- Safestore Croydon - 5 Imperial Way, Croydon, CR0 4RR
- Safestore Crystal Palace - 1 Oakfield Road, Anerley, SE20 8QA
- Safestore Enfield - 760 Great Cambridge Road, Enfield, EN1 3RN
- Safestore Fulham - 37 Munster Road, London, SW6 4ER
- Safestore Guildford - Unit 6 Cobbett Park, Guildford, GU1 1RU
- Safestore Hanworth - Unit 2 Links Industrial Estate, Popham Close, Hanworth, TW13 6JE
- Safestore Holloway Road - 451/453 Holloway Road, London, N7 6NZ
- Safestore Ilford - 778-784 High Road, Goodmayes, Ilford, IG3 8SY
- Safestore King’s Cross – 79-79 Pentonville Road, N1 9LG
- Safestore New Cross - 737 Old Kent Road, London, SE15 1JL
- Safestore Notting Hill – Camelford Walk, Clarendon Road, London, W11 1TX
- Safestore Redhill - Unit 5, Wells Place, Merstham, Redhill, RH1 3DR
- Safestore Ruislip - 1 Bradfield Road, Field End Road, South Ruislip, HA4 0NU
- Safestore Johns Wood - William Court, 6 Hall Road, St John's Wood, London, NW8 9PA
- Safestore Swanley - Southern Cross, London Road, Swanley, BR8 8EE
- Safestore Wandsworth - 224 Garratt Lane, Wandsworth, SW18 4DZ
- Safestore Wimbledon - 67 Gap Road, London, SW19 8JA
WrapUp coat donations at Safestore Birmingham stores:
WrapUp coat donations at Safestore Bristol stores:
WrapUp coat donations at Safestore Bolton:
WrapUp coat donations at Safestore Bury:
- Safestore Altrincham - 1-2 Atlantic Street, Altrincham, WA14 5FA
- Safestore Manchester Central - 202-208 Cheetham Hill Road, Cheetham Hill, Manchester, M8 8LW
- Safestore Manchester Worsley (1st to 28th November) - Unit 1-2 Hazelhurst Road, Worsley, Manchester, M28 2SQ
- Safestore Old Trafford - City Park, 34 Brindley Road, Old Trafford, Manchester, M16 9HQ
- Safestore Oldham - 189 Manchester Road, Oldham, OL8 4PS
- Safestore Stockport Bryant - Bryant House, 61-63 Wellington Road North, Stockport, SK4 1HS
- Safestore Stockport Reddish (1st to 22nd November) - Reddish Road, Reddish, Stockport, SK5 7BW
WrapUp coat donations at Safestore Cardiff:
WrapUp coat donations at Safestore Chelmsford:
- Safestore Bury (25th October to 28th November) - Crostons Road, Bury, BL8 1AF
WrapUp coat donations at Safestore Glasgow:
WrapUp coat donations at Safestore Leicester:
- Safestore Chelmsford (1st to 28th November) - 17-19 Richmond Road, Dukes Park Industrial Estate, Chelmsford, CM2 6UA
For further information about WrapUp, please visit their website at WrapUp
, and if you have any questions about how to donate your winter coat at our stores please call us on 0333 254 9546 or call any of the stores listed above.